Home Forums Systems and Mechanics Quests by players (+ punishment for deaths)
This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Zeyji 4 days, 12 hours ago.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
    • Red Participant
      December 23, 2016 at 5:14 pm #1153

Then, what do you think it should be ?

Love playing MMO's and FPS games!

• Julemanden Participant
      December 24, 2016 at 4:44 pm #1170

What you guys basicly talk about is kinda like the systems in games like “Dishonored”, depending on how you play the game you get a different outcome. I just did 2 playthroughs of dishonored, one extremely low chaos and one very high one.

****MINOR SPOILER ALERT!****
      If you complete it with low chaos/almost no deaths everyone likes you and will help you, but on the otherhand you face way more enemies + they are more organised.
      However if you do a high chaos one, everyone basicly turn on eachother, both allies and enemies alike.
      ****MINOR SPOILER ALERT DONE!****

It’s quite clear that the way you play the game there affect the world you are in. AoC could have something similar: If you are feared you get more bounty/monster quests, but people wont come with more peaceful ones, and the otherway around. Theres just one kinda obvious problem, what if you wanna try both, or wanna change your characters main focus halfway through the game? Any way thats my take on it 🙂

Merry christmas and such (if you celebrate it, otherwise goodday Sir/Sirdette)

Don't forget Jule is watching 🙂

• Zeyji Participant
      December 27, 2016 at 3:26 pm #1187

Back from christmas^^ I really like your idea Jule! I think if you wanna change you need to live up to the new identity for a while. It’s like in SWTOR where you can do light side and dark side choices which enables you to different dialogue answers. If you want to switch after a while you need to do a lot of the opposite of what you chose and I think that’s fair. If you are known as a brutal and strong killer, one tiny choice will not let you be known as a peaceful diplomat overnight

• Red Participant
      December 27, 2016 at 10:00 pm #1192

I think this is what we should stick with. Seems pretty fair and balanced to me! Now, all we need to figure out is the death punishments…

Love playing MMO's and FPS games!

• Orgot Participant
      January 11, 2017 at 4:28 am #1457

In most games I play a death accounts to a loss of xp and a de-buff. Sometimes you even lose a portion of your inventory or need to find your corpse to collect your missing items. The de-buff is meant to kind of pester the player as incentive to not die, at least that’s how I view the de-buff option.
      There could be different options too if you want as well where if you die you can select option A) To lose _% xp and a de-buff B) Pay _currency/lose some items C) De-buff/xp loss. It doesn’t need to be those options in specific it’s just a thought of mine in terms to the topic :).

Regards,
      Orgot

• Tipsytoo Participant
      January 13, 2017 at 2:14 am #1545

Oh yes and quests set up by the guilds..
      Like retrieve the stolen basket of our guild’s merchant,
      gather the components to craft our hot air balloon in time,
      or find the fat chambermaid before she gets it from a bunch of pirates..

maybe throw in a few competitive quests between guildmembers as well,like a race to a certain place,named-lore area.. or a riddle quest where they have to collect hints and work together to solve it ,if the guildmembers do manage to solve it , repairs on the house , happy hour or somethin

• Zeyji Participant
      January 13, 2017 at 11:12 am #1565

That’s exactly what I meant 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.