Home Forums Ashes Of Creation General Discussion FAQ's about Ashes of Creation
This topic contains 351 replies, has 255 voices, and was last updated by Desminith Desminith 8 hours, 45 minutes ago.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 352 total)
    • Jason Keymaster
      December 9, 2016 at 11:50 pm #674

[quote quote=672]The Unreal Engine is an multi plateform engine, it’s possible to see this game on the Xbox One for example?[/quote]

Making an MMO for a console is a difficult undertaking. I am open to the idea for future development, but at the moment, the team is focused on targeting Windows in particular. That said, we are specifically writing code to be cross-platform-capable, with Windows-specific functionality being modularly loaded at compile time, that way if we do decide to build for XBOne, PS4, or any of the other platforms that UE4 supports, we will have significantly less code that needs to be refactored to support building for the new target platform.

• Superguy Participant
      December 10, 2016 at 12:45 am #675

The PvP system (i.e. flagging) sounds similar to Lineage 2 (five years on Lionna) which means it should work well. You attack someone, you’re flagged and anyone else can attack you. You kill someone that isn’t flagged and you become a murderer. Knowing the consequences of that, in this game, is of great interest and I’m sure they’ll dig more into that over time.

While more of a PvE guy myself, it’s nice to have a system that allows PvP when you’re looking for it, and penalizes those who force it upon others. Let’s hope this is their path anyway.

Now, I’ll be in EVE if anyone needs me.

• Rob086 Participant
      December 10, 2016 at 8:44 am #683

Thank you for your anwser 🙂

“PC first” it’s fine too 🙂

• Grizzly Participant
      December 11, 2016 at 12:03 am #699

After reading the FAQ, this thing sounds pretty awesome…stoked to see how it comes together…

• Lethality Participant
      December 11, 2016 at 5:28 pm #714

I dig that we’re in an era where tools and tech have now advanced enough that it allows indie developers to truly have a shot at creating a a great new take. MMORPGs have stagnated for too long, and virtual worlds are long overdue for advancement!

Everything sounds great, guys and gals… godspeed!

• Maurgrim Participant
      December 12, 2016 at 5:06 pm #732

So how big will the world be in km²?
      I for one love BIG world, I don’t mind if there are places that are quite barren but with this owning land and housing system I would be very happy camper if it takes hours to travel from one end to the other.

• Gaeleath Participant
      December 12, 2016 at 8:51 pm #754

Will the housing/land owning system be simular to that of lets say “Archeage”?
      Because it sounds like it will.

Which also means that it is unattackable by other players, but it will “decay” when the player is inactive.

I’d love to get a house with seasight again!

Just your regular weeb.

• morbayd11 Participant
      December 13, 2016 at 7:54 am #798

Sounds good.

• JaPeMo Participant
      December 13, 2016 at 6:14 pm #816

Hi!!!!

Congrats for AoC, I subscribeb to your new news and updates…

So, I would like to know if AoC will be translated to spanish /hispanish for this community gamers?

In last years this community has been fotgotten by a lot of developers. And a lot of gamers lost hype for a good games by languages…

Thanks for your attention, and sorry for my english…

Kind regards, JaPeMo

Toda la informacion en Español | Si quieres ayudar con la campaña del portal, usa este enlace cuando vayas a registrarte en esta página Campaña de Ashes Of Creation ES

Backer: 1478

• Ciarda Participant
      December 13, 2016 at 7:47 pm #820

I’m also wondering about ‘open world’ pvp. I think many players prefer the ability to opt-out of pvp, but I’m guessing this is way early to determine exactly how it’s going to look at Launch.

• Superguy Participant
      December 13, 2016 at 9:38 pm #822

[quote quote=820]I’m also wondering about ‘open world’ pvp. I think many players prefer the ability to opt-out of pvp, but I’m guessing this is way early to determine exactly how it’s going to look at Launch.

[/quote] I doubt there will be an opt-out option, however it sounds like Steve is going to try and keep the griefing under control i.e. flagging system. I think most of the PvP will be resigned to events such as castle sieges, caravans, scenarios, etc.

• Inactive
      December 14, 2016 at 8:41 pm #847

“Q: Can I own land?
      A: Our land owning system has an integrated personal housing and farming system to allow players to claim land in the open world. This land is the same static size for all players. You may then acquire blueprints for structures to build on that land, such as a home, stables for animal husbandry, crafting stations and more. In addition to open world housing, you will also be able to own homes within a Node itself; these homes will grow as the Node does, from a small cottage to a sprawling mansion! Certain Nodes will also have instanced housing. ”

Will these blueprints be customizable? Say a player wants his/her second floor stair case to be in a different spot/room, or a they want to make the first floor of the house a player shop, and the second floor for sleeping quarters. Was telling a friend about this game, and that was his question.

Thanks

• Graysilk Participant
      December 18, 2016 at 5:02 am #974

I agree. I love big worlds that require some time to travel across. And require running, until you level enough to earn a mount or learn to ‘port.

• Krooze Participant
      December 18, 2016 at 5:08 am #976

Will there be a priest/healer archetype? This is a main selling point for if I want to pick it up or not. Looks phenomenal from what I’ve seen

• Graysilk Participant
      December 18, 2016 at 5:09 am #977

EQ was my first gaming experience, I started the week it launched, and stayed for 8 years. I played EQ2 but quit early and came back later. I alpha/beta’d Vanguard, and cried when it went down. I’ve been in Landmark since Alpha day 1. All in all, I likely know, or know of, a good many of this team.
      Any chance of getting some names? or where I can read more about them?
      I will be watching A of C closely. It sounds as though it is going to be fine.
      The graphics in the trailer are beautiful. I think I see Landmark and VG influences there. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 352 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.